Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Having laid out the cut slate flagstones, in squares and rectangles, one of the workmen took the cement mix in the wheelbarrow and troweled it up into a large pastry bag kind of a thing, squeezing out the mixture into the gaps, then smoothing, and below him the younger man, a slender kid, took a large sponge and wiped off the tops of the stones.

It's Friday afternoon.  I go and do my yoga, mat angled to the western setting sun through the trees, and then it's good yoga under the pines, and I do my tree in front of a tree trunk and my lotus pose the same.

Later I get bored, taking a nap after eating half a deluxe cold cut sub stuffed with additional roast beef... and I'm not ready to get the bus in to go see Jeremy and A. and Jeremy's friends...   I finally get to the 10:30 bus in, and when I get to The Gaul, everybody's gone and the busboy lets me in.  I have a glass of wine at the bar, just sitting there by myself, what to do.  Go buy laundry detergent at the Safeway, take the bus back home?  I check the map application to see when the next bus back will be, but end up walking down past the Catholic church JFK attended near Georgetown University, sit down at the bar down in the Tombs, have a glass of pinot noir, order a burger, walk home finally.

But how do you explain Buddha's enlightenment thoughts?  How do you go about creating a group of like minded friends with something so tenuous, existing only in the imagination?  How would you convince your own lonesome self about the karmic wheel...
... to send peaceful vibes out into the world?




No comments: