Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Entrepreneurial risk...

I dunno, what do you think it is? What is it for you? What do I think it is? Where does the risk lie? What is 'being good at it?' At what? And if you are good at 'what,' then, what does getting so good at it that then you start to get rewarded for it, what does all that look like? Does it look like $200, minus whatever food and wine you are going to eat at the end of the night including tip?

Shane MacGowan is excellent at what he does. He reinvented the genre, which deserves many descriptions, Irish music and Irish band being of that. He took risk, and risk on top of that. And he managed to succeed.

JFK is a guy who is good at a lot of things. He took risk too.

So did his brother. A family trait.

Some have lots of talent. What to do? Where do they fit in? When and where do they stop being observers and become doers?

I'm a barman. I'm on the front line. It's rich, it's interesting, it's hard, it's fun and amusing sometimes, sometimes...

Where do I start using that?

What kind of bartender are you?

Well, I guess the wine sort. More civilized. Good conversation, wine attracts.

What will come of that?

I don't know.

No comments: