Friday, April 3, 2020

And then just as I say that, as I've determined that I ought to go down the little meadow where the sun shines, with my hooded sweat and switching to shorts now, me doing my yoga routine in the sunlight.  And a really nice--he's over with young wife and nanny, two babies, got the hammock up, a guitar case on the picnic table, says hello.  A great conversation ensues in the sunlight, the river a sort of salamander green color, the clouds holding off for a bit.




When I was a kid, inventing as a literary project, I had this world after The Lord of the Rings.  We had to write a story in 10th grade for Mrs. Martin, and so I brought out this little playset of thoughts.  And my book, a little book, as it were the people on the good side of things, the good side in the great battle, ran something of a tavern, an inn, a meeting place, a pub.  The story started with the young sort of nascent hero bringing in a wagon with mead.  The wizard, of course, was the main man effective in the story.  And the evil power grabber person, the enemy, had left a stand of trees dead in the great forest, and Mrs. Martin liked the imagery, the symbolism.

And so that was always part of the story, the quiet friendly place where could come in off the roads and have beer, or wine, sit at a table, talk and strategize.  I don’t remember any particular touches to the menu...

I remember that she read my story out of all to the class, out loud, and I felt very good about it, my little tavern, with the evil power who took away the lives of living trees.


And then, thanks to my new friends, I felt accepted again, and did some of the best yoga poses of my life, including a Lotus Pose, keeping it solidly for longer than I ever thought I might be able to, there on the slight slope.  I was getting to know my body again.


With something still left in the well, I let now my writing day come to a close.

No comments: