Monday, November 18, 2019

We are driving out to Fairhaven, as mom wants to go for a ride and have a little adventure.  I'm not convinced there will be any place to eat, but she has faith, and I relent, though I will be driving back to DC later, seven had a half hours on the road in the darkness, then take the rental car back.  I've had a persistent cough the whole trip, finally finding cough syrup at the Big M, patiently going through my grocery list while mom is home with the cat.

Did you sleep well, she asks, several times, earlier.  No, I didn't, and it is hard to wake up, but I brought green tea loose leaf and that helps, though the thought of how the day will transpire is getting me down.

I tell her about my thoughts at night.

No, you can't think that way.   You need your energy just to deal with the day before you...

No comments: