Friday, February 8, 2019

The Spiritual Life of Bartenders


Who would have, could have, been a better stand-in for Jesus?  Who else could have tasted the wisdom of the Buddha, enough to share...  than the old barman.


I had, in some ways, been stagnating.  Waiting around for the next shoe to fall...  It hadn't been a great feeling, and every day it felt awkward to to out of the house and get to work.  I felt very stupid.  We had been friends, but then it got weird.  I slunk around, avoiding.  No one likes to be told he needs to move out.



Again, as I have said, a simple life...

By all appearances I am a gluttonous man, and a wine bibber.  Few might have known my depths in the seas of the spiritual life.

It wasn't a great way to pay all the bills.  I worked because I had to.  And once I get there...I was good with it.  It was work.  It kept me occupied.


Having to move.  I wake up feeling a bit gloomy.  Can I afford it here, in DC?  Where will the money come from?

Warm ups for writing...

Collection of random thoughts.  My birthday, and I don't even feel like going out.  Want to stay in...  Need to figure out the move stuff anyway...

No comments: