Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Note from Underground

I am a failure.
Completely, utterly,
Biologically.
Through and through.
There were certain events where my failures were
more obvious and pointed,
in particular a few,
that I can not seem
but to relive most everyday.

But there is too long and steady a string of them,
my prodigal nature, no one’s fault,
but my own,
Though one must admit, there were some bad influences
who didn’t matters help.

All that was handed down from generation to generation,
I was not smart enough to protect.
I was stupid, foolish,
Did not understand.

1 comment:

Benj said...

Embarrassed how I came across your blog - so I won't confess cept to say it was through your appreciation of my dad, Benjamin DeMott. THANKS for that...Dug your squib about bartending - Think your mom may be right about that one. (She's definitely right re TH's hot type.) FYI - I'm part of a crew (who live like you?). Been putting out a rag - now turned into annual book - for about 10 years. Might check us out at firstofthemonth.org. (Here's a link to a LONG-ass piece by me on my pop. http://www.firstofthemonth.org/archives/2006/09/late_in_his_lif.html Might be of interest - it's in the new FOTY volume too - what the hey - buy the book if you're feeling it! Not too many dead pages...Love to read more re your bartender's life - maybe in the next FIRST if you're ok with writing for free (or nominal fee)?...Thanks again for hour appreciation of my pop...You can comc back to me at bdemott@cmmb.org Best, Benj D.