Monday, July 13, 2020

I'm about the furthest thing away there is from being a professional writer.

I wouldn't have no obligation, I just thought it would behoove my enterprises to just let the old fingers sit down on a keyboard and take a nice long walk, broken up into pieces if necessary, as walking is good for me, even when you go slow.  Meditating.

If fact, in college, somehow I backfired and wanted to get as far away from writing as I could.

And so I sit here in front of my television, watching the Gettysburg Battle part of Ken Burns, taking it in as if this was my direct experience.

This failure to write led me to be a bit ostracized, even up there it happens,

What do you want to argue about today?  

The icing on the cake of being a bartender is that one day you will have to quit.  You don't really get to retire, unless you are the entrepreneurial type, because there is no retirement plan.  Now, you have to find another kind of work.   Teach sea shanties...

I guess that's how it goes.  Of course.  I've been pretty stupid.  So it seems.


No comments: